Saturday, February 11, 2012

53. Send a Postsecret


I've been following Post Secret for a long time - since before I was pregnant. But not long after Skyler was born, this secret was posted. (If you somehow stumbled upon this blog and don't know - my daughter has a hand similar to that little girls, a small ball for a thumb and no other fingers.)

I saved it. 

It was somehow a sign to me. A realization that my little girl is far from alone. And I've looked at it when I've needed to know that through the past three and a half years. I've gotten a lot of comfort from it - although I haven't really noticed big problems with people staring at Skyler's hands. (In fact? I've known a few people who hadn't even noticed until I said something - other mom's from our playgroup, etc.) 

That said? This particular secret has helped me. And I realized, maybe one of my secrets could help someone else. So, I've sent my secret to postsecret. I mailed it this morning (Saturday - February 11, 2012) and I promise to update if it's ever posted on the website. But no, I will not tell you what it is. That's the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment