Friday, September 14, 2012

Visit 5 Museums :: Beull Children's Museum

I've been debating for awhile if I should count this - but I'm going to go ahead and do so!

Skyler and I have purchased an annual membership to the Buell Children's Museum here in Pueblo! It's ranked #2 in the country by Child Magazine, and has a unique spin on art that I've never seen at a Children's Museum before.

(I have to drop this in here before I go on!) I love the Pueblo Children's Museum, as does my daughter. But in my opinion - on a fun/awesome scale - it doesn't hold a candle to the Lincoln Children's Museum in Nebraska. 

Now - the awesomeness of this museum? It had a rotating exhibit, so every so often ALL of the exhibits change. And each station in the museum has an art project that goes along with it! (Currently with the Wild West, you can make a Bonnet at the dress up station, a paper plate snake with the camping exhibit, A wanted Poster near the lasso's and a leather keychain with the silhouettes! There's more crafts that we haven't had the chance to try yet, but I'm sure we will soon!)

The museum isn't only a place to play and learn, but they do have local artwork incorporated with all of it's exhibits. (Which is how I feel comfortable including this here - because Skyler and I spent a good portion of our last visit admiring and talking about the art itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment