Wednesday, July 27, 2011

86. Write a review for 5 books (either on B&N.com or Amazon.com) :: Only Mine


I ADORE the Fool's Gold Series by Susan Mallery - and I have pre-ordered books 4, 5 & 6!! Book 4 (Only Mine) came out yesterday and I'd finished it by noon today. I just LOVED it. So I wrote up a review and posted it on B&N.com, Amazon.com and Good Reads!!! So here it is for you as well :)

(And if you're looking for a fluffy romance read? I highly recommend this series!

Now? I'll shut up and let you read my review!

I love reality TV (Anyone else addicted to The Bachelorette?) And the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery is at the top of my list of favorite series reads! (If Fool's Gold was a real town? I'd move their in a heartbeat!) So I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was for book #4 in the series!
This is the first book featuring the Hendrix Triplets - Dakota, Nevada and Montana. I have enjoyed their characters in previous books and was looking forward to their feature books! Dakota most definitely did not disappoint.

In the opening pages, her personality grabbed me! Her humor is something that I could relate to, including one of her opening cracks to Finn about his choice of a plaid shirt. I think on a personal level I related to Dakota more than any of the other Women in Fool's Gold, her humor being the main connection.

I loved watching the relationship between Dakota and Finn bloom, and I found them to be one of the more realistic couples in romance novels. He was hot tempered (making me think of my own husband at times) and she had a natural way of talking him back down, much thanks to her background with a PhD in Psychology.

Another great element to this book was the subplots. Finns twin brothers, Sasha and Stephen were entertaining. Although to be honest, I didn't have much use for Sasha's character or his part in the reality show. But Stephen and his counterpart - Aurelia? I couldn't get enough of them!
I give Only Mine 4 Hearts, and can't wait for the next installment in this series! (Only Yours is due out August 30!)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment