Saturday, February 2, 2013

37 - Childhood Photos


 The Park
The neighborhood park was a favorite growing up. The association hasn't updated the playground equipment (literally, not at all - one coat of paint since 1983 - probably since before then!) But Skyler loves to play when we go to visit Grandma and Grandpa! 



The Platte River between Lincoln and Omaha. 
Growing up, at summer camp (and otherwise) we would hike to the river, and a few times (pre-drought) we'd gone on canoe trips further north on the River.


My Parents Front Door
Oh how I wish I had an older picture - Growing up we had a bright orange front door. (The homes in the neighborhood were built in the 70's and the association had decided on the orange as the front door color. Luckily? Overtime, they did away with the orange and gave homeowners more freedom!


The Hospital (or? My Parents!) 
I suppose I wasn't really a "Child" when the hospital was a huge part of my life - I was 22. But we spent months (literally) in the waiting rooms/etc while my Dad went through his LVAD and his Heart Transplant.
And, well... my parents have changed over the years too!

Camp!
I was a camper at Kitaki from 1990 - 2000, and on staff in 2001, 2002.
This photo was taken at Parents Day during my kid sisters 3rd year on staff in 2011

Memorial Stadium
My Grandparents have had tickets in the North Endzone since the early 1960's, and we spent many a Saturday in the fall at Memorial Stadium. Then, in high school, my Job's Daughters group took over selling concessions on game days, so even more time was spent there! (And hey -what kid didn't LOVE laying on the 50 yard line during school field trips??)

 The Lake
My parents back patio opens up to the Dam for the lake, as a kid we spent a lot of time playing on the dam (sledding, bike riding, rolling down, etc) and as a teenager I spent a lot of time on the otherside of the hill playing on the park, walking around the lake and sun-tanning on the "beach".
This spot? Where this picture was taken? Is where I met my husband in 1997.


No comments:

Post a Comment