Friday, May 27, 2011

44. Write a Letter to Bettina

 

I have had a few friends come into my life who have stuck around. Bettina is one of them, and I am so thankful for her friendship. We met my sophomore year in high school - she was an exchange student from Germany. After she went back, we kept in touch via email. (Although she is better at writing regularly than I am...)

When Ryan and I got married, I sent her an invitation - although I was sure nothing would come of it. The day of my wedding, I was getting my makeup done when there was a knock on the hotel room door. I opened the door to see Bettina and her brother standing there!! I was thrilled! We spent the day after my wedding exploring some of the mountains here in Southern Colorado.

About the time that Skyler was born, I got an email that she would be in the states again for a visit! I lucked out that we were in Lincoln at the same time and she got to meet Sky! (She seems to be around for major life events *lol* )

Her friendship is one that I really treasure, and one that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. And since I've been bad at keeping in touch the past year, I thought a letter would be a great way to get back in touch! (So I sent her an email *lol* Asking for her most recent snail mail address!) I know she's moved around a lot, both while in school (studying abroad in University as well) and since graduating; so I'm not really sure where to mail it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment