Sunday, May 29, 2011

84. Ask 10 People for Book recommendations - then read those books

I resorted to facebook for my 10 books mentioned in #84. I did decide that I would put  few stipulations on this though. #1? I will only read books I have not previously read. #2? I will take the first recommendation someone listed if they list multiples. That way I get a good variety!






So; my list according to facebook? 

*Man's Search for Meaning
by Viktor Frankl
*A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
*Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
*The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
*The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
*Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman
*Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire
*House Rules by Jodi Piccoult
*Clearing the Aisle by Karen Schwartz
*Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman

While it's unlikely that I will read them in that order - I will definitely read them all! (Despite the fact that there are two on the list that I have avoided like the plague... Since my friends enjoyed them enough to recommend them, I will give them a fair and unbiased attempt!)


Sorry for the choppy sizing of the photos -- my computer screen didn't fit the whole thing on one screen; and I wasn't thinking as I was cropping the screenshots! 


1 comment:

  1. Are you going to share which ones you were avoiding :D I just posted on FB for my recommendations. Admitedly, I'm slightly afraid of what will end up on my list.

    ReplyDelete