Saturday, February 2, 2013

41: Write 3 Novels {NaNoWriMo 2012}

Last year I wrote about completing NaNoWriMo 2011 so it's only fair that I talk about my experience this year.

Really, they should have made NaNoWriMo be in April or something - April is a good month with not a lot going on. November? HORRIBLE for writing! I mean, there's the whole Thanksgiving thing which takes a good chunk of writing time away.

But either way - for the 3rd year in a row I've completed NaNoWriMo. (I'm not yet finished with my novel from this year - but I've got 57,000 words written - and I'd like to do another 23,000 or so before I put it away and wait on edits.)

This year, NaNoWriMo was a lot of fun for me! I had a friend doing it, so we spent many evenings tweeting with one another and encouraging each other! I also started a twitter "Choose Your Own Adventure" game where I would give three vague options and go from there when I was stuck! It helped my story movement quite a bit and I also have a few people very interested in this piece so that they can hopefully beta read.

I would LOVE to be submitting my 2012 NaNo book for publication late this year so I can cross off number 42 as well!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment