Wednesday, June 1, 2011

51. Write a letter to myself within the first 30 days to open at the end of the project

I remember a letter that I'd written to myself in Junior High Sunday School – set to open the day of my high school Graduation. I'd hung that letter on my wall in my bedroom and anticipation grew as my Graduation day came up. I was so excited to open that letter, having forgotten what was in it. I could just imagine, I had written my hopes and my dreams. I had told myself where I wanted to go to college and what I wanted to major in. Where I wanted to move and what big dreams I had. I was ready to see what a younger me had found so important.

When I opened the letter; I was deeply disappointed. Embarrassed beyond all belief, I couldn't share the letter with anyone. I had told myself how in love I was with my 7th Grade boyfriend. I blathered on, for 3 pages, about how wonderful he was. Thirteen year old me had been such an idiot. (He was a loser to the Nth Degree!!)

I desperately hope this letter is not that way.


I wasn't sure what to write; so it is a hodgepodge of items. My hopes for this list. My hopes for where I'll be in 3 years time. A few thoughts about where my life is right now, and a few of my current favorite things. 

Honestly, writing a letter to your future self is something I recommend to you. It's something I hope to have Skyler do throughout her life. It's something I hope I treasure! (As opposed to my last one which I threw away immediately with a bright red face!!)
 


**I copied it to a private entry -- HERE -- in the event that something happens to the hard copy. **

No comments:

Post a Comment