Friday, July 22, 2011

12. Make S'Mores (with Skyler!) Outdoors

Two weeks ago, Skyler and I made S'Mores with my sister. Unfortunately, due to the lovely humidity that Nebraska experiences? My camera fogged up and not a single photo turned out. So I've been waiting to make my official post on this task, and today we made "S'Mores on a Stick" for a potluck dinner! These photos? Have turned out - so I thought I'd write a quick entry on how to do them! They are a super simple, quick treat to make!



You will need:
  • Graham Crackers
  • Marshmallows
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Serrated Knife
  • Sticks/Skewers
  • Ziploc Bag
This recipe makes 16 S'Mores Sticks


First, you spread the Graham Crackers out (Broken into individual crackers). I used wax paper to make the cleanup easier!



Next, cut the marshmallows in half using teh serrated knife. (I've heard it works smoother if you grease it with Crisco, but I didn't have a problem without the grease.) Slide them on the tip of the skewer. (I don't have a photo of this *sad*

Then, stick your chocolate chips (about a cup worth) in the ziploc bag, microwave for one minute. Squish the partially melted chips around with your fingers, microwave an additional 30 seconds, moosh around again. (It took me 2 minutes total, but microwave power varies.)

Cut the tip off the the ziploc bag (just a small triangle) and squeeze a strip onto on row of the crackers, then quickly place your marshmallow sticks onto the poured chocolate.




Next, Squeeze a dab of the chocolate on top of each marshmallow. Cover, with the spare cracker.


Let sit for an hour or two for chocolate to harden, then you have S'Mores on a stick!



No comments:

Post a Comment